Cinco De Mayo "Fish Taco Recipe" by The Taco Rack!
- 2 Taco Rack Triples or Juniors
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 pound mahi mahi or cod fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- For sauce, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, lime juice and milk; refrigerate until serving.
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and lemon-pepper seasoning. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. Dip fish in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve in tortillas with toppings and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
- Place tortillas on The Taco Rack, with a light spray of oil, to bake on a baking tray, before filling
- Add the fish to the open tortillas, cover them with cheese, and return them to the oven, to melt the cheese.
- When melted, top the fish tacos with your toppings and serve hot to the family!